2. Yellow Blanket
4. Drawing - you did such a good job with the Cat in the Hat!
11. Food - Bulgogi, Ramen noodles
10. Back scratch (just like Grandpa)
12. Video Games: Zelda, Gears of War, Guitar Hero, Halo
13. Football and lacrosse
16. Listening to your iPod (Bob Marley, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Slightly Stoopid, Sublime, All American Rejects)
17. Texting on cell phone
20. Best friends
21. Being silly
We love and miss you on your big (legal) birthday!
May 27, 2013 update
Reading and writing poetry has become a small but significant part of my grief journey. At the coffee shop yesterday, after my weekly visit to his gravesite, I was re-reading a short poem written at the beginning of the year, a couple of weeks before Josh's 21st birthday and immediately and unexpectedly started to cry.
I see him, in my mind's eye:
twenty-one year old.
He looks good:
Mirage looks so real!