Please use this blog to help us remember Joshua Lee Anderson, who made the tragic and fatal decision to take his life on Wednesday, March 18, 2009. Please post any memories or thoughts you may have in the comments.


Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Memories and Pictures from Josh's Friend, Onalee

As mentioned in a previous post, Josh's friends continue to be in touch with Tim and I in various ways: posts on this blog, email, cards, flowers, pictures and visits. One special friend, Onalee, from Josh's middle and first high school dropped by with her mom on Mother's Day for a nice visit. She gave me some pictures that she had found and later, wrote me an email about some of her memories of him. With her permission, I would like to share them with you.

Josh and I were really close and these past few months have really impacted me. I rode the bus with Josh in eighth grade and everyday he would help me with my algebra homework. I remember the day I took those pictures in the Apple store like it was yesterday. We were waiting for our movie- Meet The Robinsons, which Josh got a huge kick out of.

The day after I found out about Josh's passing, I came across a note from him. He gave it to me after the eighth grade dance and it was the most mature and loving note I have ever received from anyone. I will be sure to keep it forever because it means a lot to me and I am so thankful that I still have it. I read your blog everyday and I know that it helps me, my mom, and many other people cope with the tragedy. I loved Josh a lot and always will. I would love to keep in touch and continue my support for you and your family.




Thank you, Onalee, for sharing these pictures and memories with us.

No comments: